We work extremely hard to make sure we adhere to the guidelines and fiercely protect our patients’ information.
What is a Privacy Notice?
Under data protection law you, as client of Harbourside Chiropractic Centre, have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
Who We Are
We are Harbourside Chiropractic Centre, Unit 22 Kestrel Court, Harbour Road, Portishead, Bristol BS20 7AN, telephone number 01275 390630, email address firstname.lastname@example.org. For the purposes of processing your personal data we are the Controller.
The Personal Data We Process and What We Do with It
We record and use the following categories of personal data which may include: name, address, telephone numbers, email address, date of birth, health details and medical history, doctors’ information, marital status, employment details, family medical history and treatment notes. We may also occasionally send out emails or letters regarding news and changes to the clinic, special offers and thank you letters. You may opt out of receiving these at any time.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We only share your personal data with your explicit consent, where, for example we need to contact a third party, for example your GP or insurance company. Where third parties are used by us to store your personal data, we ensure they are compliant with the data protection law and any such data is not stored outside of the EU.
Retaining Your Personal Data
Whilst you are a patient of ours we will continue to store and use your personal data. We will retain your personal data for a period no greater than 8 years from the date of your last appointment. Limited information will be retained within our accounts systems indefinitely to maintain the integrity of the data.
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to restrict processing.
• You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email to the Data Controller, whose details are shown above. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require.
• If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
• If you believe we should erase your data, please contact the Data Controller, whose details are shown above.
• If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact the Data Controller, whose details are shown above.
• Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the person who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should You Wish to Complain
You can contact the ICO via their website: www.ico.org.uk should you wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your personal data.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.